The Arts Council Malta acknowledges the fact that the Maltese feast is part of our towns’ and villages’ fabric. Part and parcel of these feasts is also the artistic aspect, cultural and social organisations that work hard so that cultural traditions in our country are fostered, protected and strengthened. All this takes place primarily on a voluntary basis and thus, in order to strengthen the work of these organisations, the project “Artistic Financing for Feast Associations” is being launched. This project is part of the collaboration and implementation strengthening programme. This project is being administered by the Arts Council Malta within the Ministry for the National Heritage, The Arts and Local Government.
In many towns and villages, both in Malta and in Gozo, we find organisations that are usually linked with traditional Maltese feasts. Within these organisations there is a nucleus of people who work voluntarily all year round to prepare the artistic aspect of feasts, cultural and other socio-cultural activities for their town or village. The aim of this competitive fund is for feast decoration associations, cultural and social associations in Malta and Gozo to reach higher artistic levels of the work they produce in accordance with contemporary development.
The projects are to qualify as one of the following:
• Design and manufacture of Street banners
• Design and manufacture of light festoons
• Design and manufacture of fabric pavilions
• Design and manufacture of lighting pavilions
• Design and manufacture of artistic pedestals
• Design and manufacture of artistic decorations which are mounted in the streets during feast days (this excludes decorative garlands)
• Learning investment and training related to the design and manufacture of artistic decorations.
• Cultural projects and activities
• Social projects and activities
• Restoration of all types of artistic decoration mounted in the streets during feast days (this excludes decorative garlands)
• Statues that are mounted in the streets.
Who can apply?
Applicants must qualify as a voluntary organisation enrolled with the Commissioner for Voluntary Organizations.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday 2nd August 2022 at noon. Late application cannot be accepted.
Click here to download guidelines and click here to download application form template.
Applicants are required to register a new profile as from January 2021.
Application deadline: 2nd August 2022
Any applications related to this entity, will also be automatically deleted.